Friday Nights 5:00-5:45 pm
Kindermusik Friday Evening Family Time is a class designed for families with one or more children ages newborn and up, who want to participate in an activity together. You’ll play instruments, dance, explore and make discoveries, share and take turns, and see how music can bring you closer as a family.
With older children ready to show the little ones how it’s done and the younger ones eager to learn, Family Time becomes a multi-layered learning environment for learning musical concepts and developing musical skills. In this special place, your children will strengthen their ties with each other and with you.
- Exploring movement concepts and participating in musical interactions with objects and others
- Discovering different ways instruments can make sounds and experiencing a wide range of musical concepts
- Identifying and vocally imitating sounds and learning to describe them
- Learning to associate a picture with a sound
- Singing songs with language patterns that explore rhythm, speech sounds, syntax, and rhyme
- Increased alertness, self-control, and ability to regulate their own movements
- Stabilization of muscles necessary for healthy posture and overall balance
- Improved coordination and locomotor skills, fine motor skills, and finger and hand strength
- Strengthened ability to memorize, sequence, and predict patterns
- Development of early pre-literacy and number skills
Class Structure: 1 class per week with multi-ages
Class Length: 45 minutes
Day: Friday 5:00-5:45 pm
Fall Semester: August 10th- December 8th (No Classes Fall Break. October 10th & 12th & Thanksgiving, Nov 21st & 23rd)
Cost: $60.00 per month 1st child, each sibling is $40.00 per month for (total of 4 months) plus $55.00 Kindermusik Kit (only one kit per family is necessary). At Home Materials Include: Family Tote Bag, 2 books, Gameboard, CD's, & Instruments.
Taught by: Dr. Jessica VanOostrom
Early Bird Deal: Register Before July 1st and we'll take $20.00 Off your Kindermusik Kit!